Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) are an important new frontier for automotive technicians to understand and incorporate as a skill to safely and correctly service and repair these vital vehicle systems.
This session will ensure technicians stay ahead of the curve with this new vehicle technology. Attendees will learn about ADAS operation, the imitations of ADAS systems and the consequences of incorrect repair.
The topic of data and data storage will also be explored, and the critical role stored vehicle crash data may play in determining fault and liability, both now and in the future. Discover what data your car already stores in its memory, how it can be accessed, and it’s uses.
• ADAS Overview of functionality and the importance of correct operation.
• Limitations & potential risks of ADAS (e.g. reliance on sensors, false positives or negatives)
• The importance of stored crash data in accident investigations & product development.
• Current and future requirements for storing vehicle driving and crash data.
• Techniques for extracting and analysing vehicle data.
• Examples of accident investigations & product development using stored vehicle data.
• Privacy concerns related to storing and using vehicle data.
• Potential future developments in ADAS and the role of stored vehicle data.
• Best practice for responsible and ethical use of stored vehicle crash data.